Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today...

So, yesterday I started my first day at M&T Bank. Orientation was in York, about 1 1/2 hrs. from home. Then, I visited my sister in Lancaster where we weeded the garden and ate some of the colorful vegetables for dinner. I bought more professional clothes since I'll be needing them now. One shirt from H&M cost me more than 5 nice, brand name, button down shirts at the Salvation Army! :)

I woke up at 5am the next morning (today) to drive the almost 2 hrs. back home in order to work at the bank at 8am. Of course, I followed the wrong highway and drove 30 minutes out of my way when I had only allowed 15 for possible mistakes. I proceeded to drive like a maniac, tailgating and speeding, as best as possible without causing any wrecks. After reaching Gettysburg (at least 20 minutes from home) with 10 minutes to 8am, I realized I was never going to make it on time, and at that same moment, my cell phone died so it was impossible to call ahead and advise them of my tardiness. I finally pulled into the parking lot, walked into the bank, and apologized to my trainer for being late only to have her say, "Oh, I wasn't expecting you until 9am anyway." The computer system crashed for the first half of the day and I forgot to put more money into the parking meter during lunch. Fortunately, the compus began to work again in the afternoon and the meter man decided to spare me a parking ticket...this time anyway. Craziest day I've had in a while!

Current update:
-I am now working at M&T Bank as a teller.
-I am continuing to work at Applebee's when not at the bank.
-I am gradually saving up more money to pay off my fabulous loan.
-I got a flipping awesome haircut...with bangs. So now I can be part rocker chic, part Reese Witherspoon, or just myself...or maybe a mixture of the three. ;)
-I can't wait to go on family vaca!

No comments: