Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pause for a second....

-Last weekend I went apple "scrumping" (a fancy word for picking) with my sister and some friends and found the perfect apple. I now also sponsor an adorable little girl from Rwanda named Mushimiyimana.

-Just got back from San Antonio where I watched my bro play Sewanee soccer for the first time, visited Gma, went to a Tex-Mex restaurant and shared a prickly pear margarita with my mom, tried a fuzzy leprechaun at Pat O'Briens, and saw the Alamo, which is surprisingly small.

Too bad life can't just be one big vacation! I am super excited for all of the rainbow trees, pumpkins, and apple cider. Although during autumn it does get colder, it's one of the most beautiful times of the year. It makes me miss Hillsdale a lot! I think it's about time we started hanging creepy scarecrows made by the school children on the main street downtown. It should be a tradition in every town! And, if you haven't tried the signature salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks yet, you're missing out. I've added it to the list of things I love about fall. So while you're living your crazy lives, don't forget to take a moment to look around you and enjoy the beauty of the season!

No comments: